Sunday, October 19, 2008

Steps Back in Time

So this morning we'll start with an introduction to how my archival links are organized and how to find material of interest.

Firstly, the categories I use to partition the links . . . while I may add others in the future, I have found these sufficient to date (and assume the names are self-explanatory):

Science and Technology
Global Warming and the Environment
Politics
Economy
Islam and Terrorism
Russia and Allies
China
Government and Society
Weird

I add new links with three elements: a date stamp (which takes the form yymmdd, that is, 081019 is equivalent to 19 October 2008), a title (generally identical to that used on the source web page, though occasionally supplemented with a brief explanatory note of my own, and the actual url.

To begin my archival process on Blogger, I'll now begin to create a set of individual posts corresponding to each of the preceding categories; these will comprise the links that already exist in my source .doc file.

Let's get started . . .

No comments: